Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blessings upon Blessings...

I am beyond blessed this evening.

Last Tuesday I had a PET scan to show our progress from chemo.  The CT scan we did 6 weeks ago was "good" but they still were questioning the status of that one lymph node.

Today my oncologist told us, actually read to us, the report from the PET scan.  The lymph node in question "has disappeared."  

This means one of two things: 1) that it was indeed just inflammation.  In which case, the aggravation of the tumor was causing to to inflame and it has decreased as the tumor decreased, or 2) that it was indeed cancerous and the chemotherapy worked to eradicate it from the lymph node.

This is most excellent news because it also means that any of those pesky cancer cells that may have been traveling through out my body, would most likely have been killed off as well.

There is remarkably little to speak of left in my bladder and it will come out with surgery.  The lymph nodes will also be removed simply because they need to be.

Above all, I believe this is the work of God's healing touch.  I have said that I don't put my trust in chariots or horses but in the name of the Lord my God.  I was hopeful the chemo would work, but ultimately I knew it was God's healing touch that would remove this dreadful disease from my body.

I know these little updates may seem insignificant but I never want to be like the 10 with leprosy.  

Luke 17:11-19 NIV "11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”

14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.

15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

I want to be like the one who returned to give thanks.  I want to praise Him for his healing touch on my life.  It doesn't matter whether the healing comes from chemo, surgery or his miraculous touch.  I don't care where it comes from, I know from where it comes!

I am thankful this evening for this spectacular news.  We are forever overjoyed because of what this means...

God is faithful once again!

Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment