Thursday, August 28, 2014

How quickly time flies...

I was just standing in my dining room looking out the window, or rather, looking at the window.  It's dirty.  Inside and out, it's a dirty mess.  I stood there trying to remember when I cleaned them last.  I honestly can't remember.

It has been almost a year, I know that.  It was the end of September when I last cleaned the windows in our great room.  I remember the day specifically because it was the day I realized something was dreadfully wrong.

I'll spare you the details, but I knew that morning that something wasn't right.  After I dropped off the kids at school I came home and called the doctor.  While I waited for the appointment time, I busied myself by cleaning windows.  

Nearly a year has passed, and although cleaning my windows every couple of weeks was once a priority, somehow the task seems insignificant.  This is the case with many things in our lives.  Housework, yard work, busy work... We're finding ourselves watching more Disney movies with the kids, playing more games of Sequence and Uno, and laughing around the dinner table.  

I guess what seemed important before has faded to the background.  If you're our neighbor, I'm sorry...the weeds in the back yard look like a jungle.  We'll get around to it.  Right after we do the really important stuff, like have a picnic or take a hike or spend the day wandering around together.  If you see us out and about, please be sure to wave.

Only By His Grace,

Billie






No comments:

Post a Comment