Friday, August 22, 2014

Reminded of the blessing...

This week has been eventful, I must say.  It was the kids' first full week back to school, back to after-school practices, parent nights, homework routines and on top of it all, I went back to work after four months.  Yesterday was my four month anniversary of being cancer free.

As I sat at my desk I was overwhelmed by the grace that enveloped me simply because I was sitting there.  As I reflected on the grace that got me through it and the grace that brought me out of it I was simply amazed by His Amazing Grace.  There is a sign in a local home store that says, "God's grace will not bring you to something His grace will not lead you through."  Every time I see that print I have to hold back the tears because I know all too well this to be truth.  

A lot has changed in our lives since last November; although from an outside perspective some may say I've lost so much, but that would be a faulty perspective.  The things that have slipped away, habits, attitudes, relationships, routines, those things that misdirected my sight from a loving Heavenly father, they have been lost for a greater purpose.  And I finally know what Paul meant when he said, "for me to live is Christ, and for me to die is Christ." (paraphrase)

I would be untruthful if I said that my outlook on life has gone unchanged.  I am thankful that my body is healed and free from cancer.  I cannot express how grateful I am to be allowed another day, week, month, year or decade with my husband and children.  I am thankful for every laugh and tear we share, every memory we make, ever family photo that I get to be in.  I am so very grateful.
However, there are also days when I think of my heavenly home and there is a longing inside to be where my heavenly father is.   In the meantime, though, I will continue in this life he has so graciously allowed me to continue.

I am reminded daily of the blessing of this life.  Life is still hectic, still stressful, still aggravating, but each moment, if we choose to see it, is touched by an amazing grace that we simply cannot contain.  

I am thankful this week that I'm tired!  Because this week I'm tired from working, from sports practices, from grocery shopping, from house work, and from special activities.  This week I am not bone tired from my body being invaded with cancer, I am not utterly exhausted from the effects of chemotherapy, I am not uncertain of my days.  I know who holds my today and all of my tomorrows - and no matter what comes my way, I am blessed!

Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment