Monday, September 22, 2014

Recognizing the blessing...

I feel very blessed today.  Let me tell you why I'm blessed.

1)  I'm busy
2)  I'm not taking chemotherapy
3)  My hair is not falling out
4)  My food doesn't make me sick
5)  I am walking most days and jogging some days.
6)  I am wearing heals again.
7)  I am going to cross country meets
8)  I'm picking up from carpool
9)  I'm picking up from Performing Arts camp
10)  I'm over-scheduling my days and it has nothing to do with the oncologist
11)  I have great friends who care about me
12)  I can make dinner for my family
13)  I can wash, dry and fold mountains of laundry
14)  I can weed eat around the house
15)  I can go to the grocery store
16)  I can take my children to historical places and help them write reports about what they've seen
17)  I can suffer through chiggers from collecting bugs for a 4th grade bug collection project
18)  I can get up at 5:30 a.m. to pack lunches 
19)  I am blessed because I'm tired...
20)  I am blessed because I'm alive

I hear people every day complain about life.  They complain because of traffic.  They complain because of the weather.  They complain because of their hectic schedules.  They complain because the grocer only sells Angus beef.  They complain because the grocer doesn't sell fat free yogurt.

I read an article today about some things cancer survivors experience... It said that most feel an overwhelming sense of being blessed.  I can attest.  I do feel blessed.  Every day I realize how much I used to complain about my life - and now I am happy to participate in those same activities that used to drive me nuts.  The business doesn't bother me.  Traffic rarely bothers me.  The weather entices me and exercise challenges me.  

I am blessed and it's Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment