Thursday, November 28, 2013

A beautiful Thanksgiving...

What a beautiful, spectacular day!

We have so much to be thankful for.  

Today was a day with our kiddos.
The turkey was a little dry.
The pecan pie was a little moist.
The rolls were a little brown.

My belly is a little full.

In all things, give thanks.

My heart is so thankful.  It's amazing how a little thing like cancer can change your perspective.  Not that you're always thinking of your illness.  Not that you suddenly feel "sick."  Not that you "see things differently."

It's more like a feeling - or a state of mind.  

I cannot say that this has been a curse.  This has been such a huge blessing to me.  No, not everyone feels that way.  But there is such a peace that I cannot contain.  No, I don't know what my treatments will bring.  I don't know how differently my life will be after my surgery.  I don't know what the future holds.  I don't know what tomorrow will look like, or the day after that, or the day after that.

But I have been given fresh eyes with which to see.  I have been granted an amazing grace that I cannot explain.  

I trust my God in all things… He had never failed me before - never!  I have no reason to believe he will fail me now.  He's been faithful before and he will be faithful again.  

I am thankful for everything today, the food, my family, the crazy dog (who's in her own turkey coma).  I can say, I'm even thankful for my cancer.  God has granted me the opportunity to walk this path and to share his grace… and I am so grateful to be chosen as a walking vessel of His goodness.

Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment