Friday, June 6, 2014

Rest...


"Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

This passage means so much to me right now.  I am weary.  I cannot think of another time in my life when I was as sleep-deprived.  I am averaging about 3 - 4 hours of sleep each night.  

I'm finding that little things are growing into aggregations and irritations.  Things like the sound of the dryer's buzz.  Or the sound of my son's whistling.  It's making me crazy, people!  And I didn't have that far to go to begin with :)

One thing I know for sure is that God's promises are true.  Although I am weary and tired to the point of exhaustion, I know that my soul can find rest.    Psalm 62:1 says, "My soul finds rest in God alone..."

Even in the fatigue and the sleepless nights, night after night after night,  even in the pain and frustration, I know that my soul can find it's rest and be at peace.

My physical body can regain rest during the day with a nap or two, but I cannot function when my soul is at a place of unrest.  

Today I am thankful for the promise that I can come to him when I am  weary and burdened, and he will give me rest.

Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment