Sunday, April 6, 2014

I'm sick....

Let's just state the facts, folks.  I'm sick and there's no hope for me now.  Oh, my health is fine.  It's my obsessed mind that is sick.

Here's how I know I'm getting better while on this cancer journey.  I've traded my obsession of cancer and chemo for an obsession of kitchen updates. 

We bought our house 7 years ago.  It is 15 years old.  I love our house.  I love the layout. I love the size.  I love the space.  I love the communal areas and the private areas.  I adore my kitchen.

However, there are a few things about my 15 year old house that I would love to change.  Although I love my kitchen, there are a few things I'd like to change. We have oak hardwood floors. Those are fine; I love the natural color of oak.  The black counter tops aren't the best, and probably need to be replaced.  But they're not cracked or chipped.  They aren't burnt or stained.  

My kitchen cabinets are what I'm obsessing about.  We have plain, builder grade cherry cabinets.  There's nothing wrong with them, but with dark appliances and dark counter tops, the dark cabinets make the kitchen feel very dark.

I've spent countless hours while recuperating scanning the internet for black and white kitchens.  I love them.  I love black counters with white cabinets.  L-O-V-E, love them!

And then, the unthinkable happened... I found a blog - an interior designer's blog - and she painted her kitchen cabinets white.  And she installed black counter tops, and hardwood floors.  And her appliances are nearly identical to my own.  And the layout of her kitchen is nearly identical to my own.

So now I'm convinced there is nothing else for me to do but paint my kitchen cabinets white, too.  Because I'm sick, folks.  

I know better than to start a major renovation before a major surgery, so this update will have to wait, for now.  It will be at least two months before I can even think of starting such a project.  But it will give me something to think about while I recuperate :)

Here is  my kitchen now:


Here is my inspiration kitchen from The Yellow Cape Cod:





Let's face it folks...I'm sick.  I'm obsessed.  But at least I have a plan and I know what I'll be doing this summer :)

Only By His Grace,

Billie


No comments:

Post a Comment