Saturday, April 19, 2014

When there's nothing left to say...

Luke 23:34 "Father forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

In the past few hours I have faced the most intense attack I've ever known.  Those I trusted, those I held closest to me proved to be untrue.  My faith, my beliefs were attacked on a very personal level.  

There are many things I will stand by and just take.  I will turn the other cheek.  But when someone attacks the very faith I have that has held me strong throughout all of this journey, righteous indignation burned within me.  There are some battles worth fighting.

In the wee hours of the morning, when I couldn't cry another tear or pray another word, my heart's cry turned to Jesus's words, "Father forgive them, they know not what they are doing."

Forgiveness is a sweet thing, but it doesn't mean you continue to allow people to hurt you again and again.  Sometimes you just have to say goodbye.

My heart is sad - and I didn't need the additional stress mere hours before this surgery.  But my God is a God of peace - and he has sustained me through every step of this journey.  I do not expect Him to leave me now.

In the meantime, when I cannot face the pain inside of me, when I don't have the strength to fight this battle, my heart prays, "Father forgive them.  They know not what they are doing."

Only By His Grace,

Billie

1 comment:

  1. May HE carry you! May HIS hands guide the surgeons. May the God of all Grace and Mercy be with you.
    With so much love for you my sister.

    ReplyDelete