Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finding reverent submission...

"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission." Hebrews 5:7 NIV

I find much comfort in knowing that my savior also offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death.  I take comfort in knowing that when my emotions get the better of me, I am not alone!  

I cannot say my faith has wavered, not even once.  I know where my faith lies.  I know where my hope comes from.  I know from where my help comes.

More than anything else, though, I want to be found in the image of my savior. I don't always succeed.  I often times fail.  But most of all, above everything else, I never want to cease praying, "Not my will but thine be done."  I want to be found, like my humble savior, in reverent submission.  

Standing firm in the faith doesn't mean being stubborn.  It doesn't mean that we hold out until we receive our own way.  It means we hope, we pray, we believe, and then we trust our God to know what He's doing and then we submit ourselves to his perfect will - no matter what.

In the meantime I will continue to offer up prayers and petitions, probably with loud cries and tears...but most of all I will resolve myself to submit to His will...his good and perfect will.

Only By His Grace,

Billie

1 comment:

  1. I do not post much, but I do want you to know that I am Praying for you daily and for your sweet family. I don't mean this as just a parting statement. I mean that I am praying for you daily. The Lord being your strength and also mine, a very mindful God, knowing our thoughts and desires. Knowing how much we love Him. A Savior who hears and answers prayers. It is a wonderful thing knowing that His ear is bent to us and to our needs.

    Lord be with Billie each and EVERY treatment, seeing her through all things as I know You will. I thank you for loving her, for speaking to her, and for bringing her through to this point. Lord bring her through this trial as you have all others. Thank you, our faithful Father. In Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete