Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday's unofficial results...

First, let me just say once again that we serve a BIG GOD!  He has been faithful this far and he will continue to be faithful!

Two tests this morning:  

Test one was an antagrade nephrostogram. When they first found my cancer it was because my left kidney wasn't draining; it was blocked by the tumor.  In November, they implanted a "catheter" into my kidney and it has been draining into a little pouch.  The Nephrostogram today ran dye into that kidney to see if it made it into my bladder.  If it did, that meant the kidney was draining again.  It also meant the tumor had shrunk!

Praise the Lord!  The dye ran into my bladder.  The tumor has shrunk!  What this also means is that they can cap the insertion tube and I can lose the pouch!  YAY!  

Test two was a contrast CT scan.  We don't have any news on this test yet, but I feel certain they will tell me the tumor has shrunk.

This afternoon my urologist called to chat with me about next steps.  When I told him I watched the nephrostogram and the dye arrived in my bladder, he was thrilled!  He is calling to get the results from both tests and I should get a call back from him later this afternoon.  

Tomorrow is day one of Chemo Round four.  This is quite possibly my last round.  That makes me very happy!  We will take one month off to recover and then schedule surgery!

This is huge news for us!  We are celebrating today because of the blessings of God!

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us these past days!  I believe our results today are because of answered prayers!

Only By His Grace,

Billie

4 comments:

  1. We REJOICE with you!!!!!

    Love & Prayers,
    Kathy & Kenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are grateful for every milestone and every victory great or small. We have seen great things today... and we are counting them as victories!

      Delete
  2. Praise the LORD! He is doing wonderful things! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing news! Look forward to hearing about the CTscan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All praises go to a true and LIVING GOD! I cannot thank HIM enough!

    ReplyDelete