Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Infusion center day two...

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed.  We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.  For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body."  2 Corinthians 4: 8-11

As I sit in the infusion center for an additional day, I am keenly aware of this passage of scripture.  So many are the conversations around me.  Some are battling with insurance to pay their bills.  Some are here because their cancer is back.  Some have been through so much, they are reverting to a childlike state, and you can see their spouses bearing the weight of it.

But I sit here thinking how, yes, cancer makes you feel hard pressed, perplexed, persecuted and struck down.  But the strength our savior gives keeps us from being crushed, abandoned, destroyed or in despair.

Oh, there are moments... Moments when the unknown overpowers you, moments where fatigue overtakes you, moments where nothing seems normal.... But I remind myself daily that this is the path God is allowing me to walk, by his sovereign grace...and I will walk it gracefully!

I want the life of Christ to be revealed in me, more than cancer is evident in me.  "We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.  For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body."

We are blessed that our insurance is good.  We are blessed that my symptoms have been mild.  We are blessed with doctors who care...genuinely!  Every day, we are not crushed, not in despair, not abandoned, and not destroyed!  And all this...

Only by His Grace,

Billie

4 comments:

  1. You are a blessing, Sister! I love you, and continue to pray God's grace and peace over you and your family!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristy. We appreciate every single prayer and every prayer warrior.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for allowing your friends to "journey with" you and John and your family during this season and time of life. I praise God for the focus and strength you have in our Gracious and Good God. I continue to pray for all of you...I love you dearly my friend!

    karen cheong

    ReplyDelete