Friday, December 20, 2013

My Grace is sufficient for you...

After Wednesday's non-treatment I was feeling a bit defeated.  I guess I've thought I would continue to be super-woman through this whole journey.  

But then I thought about what Paul said, "Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I realize that when my WBC count is low, platelets are low and I am borderline anemic that I am at risk for viral and bacterial infections.  Yesterday I was feeling rather low about it.  There were things I wanted to do that I simply could not risk doing.  There were places I wanted to go, functions I wanted to attend, people I wanted to see...but I knew that wasn't the best option for me.

However, today, in my weakness I am strong.  I will boast more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me.
When his power rests on me then I am more able to handle the circumstances of this journey.  When his power rests on me then I can point others to HIM.

The following is my song today:  It was written and recorded by friends we used to attend church with.  If you would like to hear the recorded version, you may follow the link.  I encourage you to listen.  It is a powerful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcKIVxKW3VE

"Let me hear my savior say, "Your Strength Shall Return."
Then I'll rejoice in my weakness.
As I lean on your grace.
As I lean on your grace.

May your power rest on me. You are strong when I am weak.
I can bear all things when temptation springs, for you sustain me all my days.

Let me know my Savior's face.  Let my hope be secure.
Then I'll rejoice in my weakness.
As I lean on your grace.
As I lean on your grace.

May your power rest on me. You are strong when I am weak.
I can bear all things when temptation springs, for you sustain me all my days.

Once from the Lord withdrawn, I thought that I could live my life alone. Leaving the solid ground I sank beneath His wisdom. The harder I tried to climb, the closer I was to find, how great is my weakness.

May your power rest on me. You are strong when I am weak.
I can bear all things when temptation springs, for you sustain me all my days."
 Copyright 2008 Sojourn Community Church
Words and Music: Joel Gerdis and Neil Robbins
Artist: Sojourn Music
Album: Over the Grave


Only By His Grace,

Billie


No comments:

Post a Comment