Monday, December 2, 2013

Blessing upon blessing...

I made a boo boo and thought today was my first chemo day... turns out, I am, as suspected, CRAZY -- and the chemo starts tomorrow.

Today I received the sweetest basket of goodies from some very sweet ladies in my life.  To say I was overwhelmed by their kindness is the understatement of a lifetime.  I don't know whether to cry tears of joy and gratitude or do the dance of joy because... I REALLY like the stuff inside :)  Somehow the dance of joy seems entirely inappropriate...and selfish...but still... I really love the things inside.

This precious friend brought to me a basket of the following goodies to get John and I through the long 6 hour treatment tomorrow... 

Granola bars
Bottles of Smart Water
Magazines
3-CD boxed set
a prayer journal
devotional books
Promise books from God's word
2 little scripture plaques
3 mason jars FILLED with chocolates and mints
a word search book
a Soduko book
gum (because of my garlic and ginger tea)  ha ha
colored pens
and so much love I can hardly contain it.

There was a beautiful Nativity Christmas ornament that simply says "believe" and the sweetest cards of encouragement and prayer.

To the sweet friends who blessed me today, I say thank you.  You are a treasure.


I have friends transporting my kids from school and friends bringing us dinner. I spoke with a friend today I haven't spoken with in a while - she is a beautiful cancer survivor.  I have another precious, selfless friend managing Meal Train for our family and literally hundreds of people praying for us. Literally. Hundreds.  

My family receives texts and emails and cards and letters ever day.  Each day is filled with blessing.  Each day is a reminder of His mercies renewed every morning.

To each of you, I thank you.  My heart is so full and blessed!  You are a blessing to me... I can't imagine my family going through this without a single one of you!

Only By His Grace,

Billie


No comments:

Post a Comment