Friday, December 6, 2013

Two posts in one day? Whaaaa????

What a blessed, wonderful, glorious day we've had!

No school!  Ice storm, now snow... kids are across the street sledding with the neighbors.  We watched Polar Express AND Charlie Brown Christmas... We made peanut butter fudge and peanut butter balls (buckeyes).  I wrapped a couple more gifts and got a few little household chores done...

I also got a nap!  Yay, for naps!

But what has been resounding in my heart today is the little devotion card from this morning's draw:  "How great is our Lord!  His power is absolute!  His understanding is beyond comprehension!"  Psalm 147:5 NLT

You know, my understanding in this journey is so finite - and yet God's understanding is beyond comprehension.  I remember someone saying that we look at life as if we are looking through a knot hole in a fence.  We only see what is directly in front of us, but God is above the fence.  He sees what has already passed us by, and what is coming our way.  Truly his understanding is beyond comprehension.

The devotion said this:  "We truly can't understand how great God is.  Our finite mind sees so little of His awesome power.  We look at the world He created and we understand only a sliver of what He is able to do.  Yet, our God wants to let His power loose in our life.  He loves us so much.  He wants to empower us to accomplish great things for Him.  We don't have to just go through the motions - our life can really make a difference for eternity with God's mighty power."

Wow!  How magnificent is that?  That God in his greatness still chooses to use one like me... Lord, I want to be willing to be used in whatever way He sees fit, even when I can't see the path, even when I don't understand the journey.  Even when I don't know the future.  He does!  He hems me in, behind and before.  

As always, it is...

Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment