Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So that you may have peace...

Peace.  It comes to us in many different ways, takes multiple avenues and looks strange to some.   Peace: it takes many different forms but it only has one true source.

Jesus said, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

The peace I have is not my own.  This journey is hard.  Last night I told Lovie how much I miss my life... I miss the energy I used to have.  I miss not being nauseous.  I miss my bad hair life.  I miss staying up after the kids go to bed to watch tv with him.  I miss the normal everyday things I'm struggling so hard to hold on to right now.  But in it all, there is still peace.

Someone said to me, "This seems to be bothering everyone but you."  It is bothering me, but there is a very real sense of peace in it all.  These things are just temporary...I fully believe I will be restored.  I believe I will jog again.  I believe I will have energy again.  I believe and look forward to a time when I'm not sick and tired every. single. day.  

How can this be?  Because I believe what Jesus said.  He said that in this world we will have trouble...but take heart for he has overcome the world. That means that he has already overcome this for me.  The blood of Jesus is my victory. 

I'm including another song for your listening pleasure today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC59rgmcu34    Skip the ads when you have the opportunity.


Until this is over my heart will stand firm.  I will continue to boast in my weakness because I know these things:
        He has overcome the world
        His blood is my victory
        When I am weak, He is strong

Peace.  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

Only By His Grace,

Billie



2 comments: