Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A time to be still...

Zecharaiah 2:13 says, "Be still before the Lord, all mankind."

Psalms 46:10 tells us to, "Be still and know that I am God."

I am keenly aware that there are times to wage war, times to stand and fight.  We are called to pray continuously and to submit every request to God.  I am also keenly aware that there are times when we are called, or better yet allowed, to be still.  

"He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul." Ps 23.  I am thankful for a God who grants peace that passes understanding.  I am thankful for a savior who said, "Whatsoever you ask in my name..."  I am thankful for the Spirit who makes intercession for me when I know not what to pray.

Right now I am in a time of being still before the Lord.  There is a peacefulness in being still.  "When fears are stilled, when strivings cease."  There is a rest and a respite from the daily groanings of this life when we can simply rest our hearts and quiet our minds and be still before the Lord; when we can be still and know that He is God.

In the stillness comes the peace that passes understanding.  In the stillness we can hear the still small voice.  In the stillness we find ourselves beside still and quiet waters.  In the stillness we find rest.

Stillness doesn't mean complacency.   In the stillness we find a place of worship and adoration.  In the stillness we find his presence is ever near.  In the stillness we find Him, and we know that He is still here, he hasn't left our side.  In the stillness we experience Him in his fullness.

Be still and know....

Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment