Sunday, March 30, 2014

According to his riches in glory...

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Tuesday of this week I had my second PET scan.  I do not know results yet, but that is not what this post is about.

From the very beginning of this path, God has gone before us and provided for us in ways I couldn't imagine.  We have been blessed with monetary gifts, gift cards, meals, transportation for my children and lots of prayers...

I have never doubted God's care for us throughout the whole ordeal because He has proven himself faithful again and again.  Many times he has prompted people to pray in response to whispered prayers said in the dark.  He has been with us every step of the way.   

Tuesday I was scheduled for the PET scan and Friday we received a letter explaining that insurance had denied our claim.  This is the first time in all of this that insurance has denied anything.  But this was huge.  We have sifted through a good portion of our savings, have deposited all we can into our HSA, and were not expecting such an important medical test to be denied.

At first, I was in shock.  There were a few tears and honestly, a lot of worry.  That was Friday.  After we went to bed my mind wondered into the 'what if zone.'  What if we have to pay for a $4,000 test?  What if this is only the beginning of medical claims that are denied?  What if insurance won't pay for my surgery?  What if we completely drain our savings...a savings we've worked years to build?  What if...what if...what if...

And then a strange calm and peace came over me.  "I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread."  "My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  The Lord blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the former part." 

I prayed, "Lord, I don't know how...but I know you'll take care of this.  I know you'll supply this need."

Saturday we received a second letter in the mail.  Saturday, 24 hours after the first letter.  This letter had no explanation, it just simply stated that our claim had been re-evaluated and our insurance would pay for the PET scan.  

Our God has supplied our needs again.  I simply had to trust Him.  I've often wondered how I would respond to all of this if we didn't have the funds to cover something...or if insurance wouldn't cover our bills... In fact, one foolish day I prayed that I would have the faith to trust him for every need... 

Although it was a frightening 24 hours for me, I also learned a very valuable lesson.  This lesson wasn't about money.  It wasn't about doubt.  It wasn't about fear.  It was about trust... trusting fully and completely.

Around every turn on this path I have learned valuable lesson, after valuable lesson.  This one was about trusting Him to hold true to his word.  And once again, he proved himself faithful!

Only By His Grace,

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment